Best™ Total Solutions™
For Breast & Prostate Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
For more than 40 years, Best Medical has provided the medical community with the highest quality products and unparalleled customer service. Founded in 1977 by Krishnan Suthanthiran, Best Medical International is located in Springfield, Virginia, USA. The goal for Krishnan and the other dedicated professionals at Best is to continue to work with medical professionals to provide the very best products and services. As a leader in innovative technology, Best Medical's mission is to uphold its reputation for excellence in the healthcare field by developing, manufacturing and delivering cost-effective, high quality products to benefit patients around the world.
Best Medical manufactures Best™ Iodine-125, Best™ Palladium-103, Iridium-192 and Gold-198 seeds, along with HDR accessories, fiducial markers, Best™ Brachytherapy Kit and other products. Seeds are available either loose or loaded in cartridges, needles or strands, and are available sterile or non-sterile. Best Medical can make catheters, needles, templates and applicators to meet your special needs.
Best is expanding its product portfolio to include a full line of brachytherapy and radiation therapy devices and accessories, including the Beta-Cath™ system for intravascular applications. For further details, please contact us at 800-336-4970 or 703-451-2378.
- Iodine-125 and Palladium-103 Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy Seeds Used for Localization of Non-Palpable Lesions - NRC Licensing Guidelines, Website doc version, March 27, 2015
- Radioactive Seed Localization with I-125 for Non-Palpable Lesions Prior to Breast Lumpectomy and/or Excisional Biopsy - by Lawrence T. Dauer, Cynthia Thornton, Daniel Miodownik, et al., Health Physics 105(4), 356–365 (2013)
- Current Status of Radioactive Seed for Localization of Non-Palpable Breast Lesions - by James W. Jakub, Richard J. Gray, Amy C. Degnim, et al., American Journal of Surgery 199(4), 522–528 (2010)
- Supplement to the 2004 update of the AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report (below) - by Mark J. Rivard, Wayne M. Butler, Larry A. DeWerd, et al., Medical Physics 34(6), 2187–2205 (2007)
- Update of AAPM Task Group No. 43 Report: A Revised AAPM Protocol for Brachytherapy Dose Calculations - by Mark J. Rivard, Bert M. Coursey, Larry A. DeWerd, et al., Medical Physics 31(3), 633–674 (2004)
- Dosimestic Characterization of an Encapsulated Interstitial Brachytherapy Source of Iodine-125 on a Tungsten Substrate - by Ravinder Nath & Ning Yue, Brachytherapy 1(2), 102-109 (2002)
- Measurements of the Dosimetric Constants for a new Palladium-103 Brachytherapy Source - by Stephen Peterson & Bruce Thomadsen, Brachytherapy 1(2), 110-119 (2002)
- Comparison of Iodine-125 Sources used for Permanent Interstitial Implants - by Bret Heintz, Robert Wallace & James Hevezi, Medical Physics 28(4), 671-682 (2001)
- Experimental Determination of Dosimetric Characteristics of Best™ I-125 Brachytherapy Source - by A.S. Meigooni, D.M. Gearhart & K. Sowards, Medical Physics 27(9), 2168–2173 (2000)
- Dosimetric Characteristics of a Double Wall Iodine-125 Source for Interstitial Brachytherapy - by Ravinder Nath & Anthony Melillo, Medical Physics 20(5), 1475-1483 (1993)
- Photon Spectral Characteristics of a new Double-walled Iodine-125 Source - by Surendra Rustgi, Medical Physics 19(4), 927-931 (1992)